H4N Built in mics
I was woken up this morning at about 3am by one of the biggest wind storms I’ve ever experienced in Melbourne. The wind was so strong outside our apartment that it felt like a mini hurricane. I set-up the H4N next to the window as even with the windows closed the sound was very clear. I switched it on and then went back to sleep. The result was 3 hours worth of extreme wind sounds that I’ll be editing to add to the library.
I have not been doing much recording lately as I have been really busy with our first iphone game which should be out in the next couple of weeks, as well as a couple of projects at my full time job which are nearing the end of production. On top of that cutting up and cataloguing all the sounds from the farm has been quite a lot of work because there is so much good material there. I have however finally reached my main goal. As of this weekend the library now has 10,000 sounds catalogued and ready to go! The actual library functionality is still a couple of months away, and is happening more slowly than I had wanted because finding a coder has been terribly difficult, but I am really happy to have such a huge milestone achieved.
I have a few really interesting recording sessions lined up over the next couple of months, so things should start to pick up. It will also help when the weather improves because it has been bloody awful in Melbourne recently, so I will enjoy when we start to get some clearer weather that I can work in.
Leave a Reply.
Stephan Schütze has been recording sounds for over twenty years. This journal logs his thoughts and experiences